Posted by Admin on November, 01, 2019
Activated carbon is carbon that has been treated with oxygen to open up millions of tiny pores between the carbon atoms. Carbon can be made from mineral, animal or plant-based materials such as bituminous coal, Lignite coal, various woods, coconut shells, peat and animal bones. There are three types of activated carbon they are granular, pellets and powdered. Granular is mainly used in reef tanks while pellets and powdered are used in other applications.
Benefits of activated carbon
Complete detoxification: Chronic exposure to toxins will form cellular damage, allergic reactions, poor immunity, and increased aging. By taking activated charcoal you'll remove these unwanted toxins from your body.
• Relieves digestive issues: On digesting food items like beans, the decomposition through bacteria creates an unruly gas or diarrhea. Activated charcoal binds to the byproducts created by bacteria and alleviates these digestive issues.
• Neutralizer for drugs, chemicals, poisons & alcohol: If you ingest poisons such as alcohol, chlorine, or unwanted drugs, taking a single large dose of activated carbon will help your body flush the poisons faster. Activated charcoal adsorbs most organic chemicals, many inorganic chemicals, drugs, pesticides, mercury, and even leads before they harm your body.
• Anti-aging: As you grew older your brain becomes extremely sensitive to toxins. Activated carbon reduces this rate and inspires better mental function. It also prevents many cellular changes associated with aging, adrenal gland, and kidney function.
• Heart health: Activated charcoal lowers the number of total lipids, cholesterol, and triglycerides in your blood, liver, heart, and brain.
Reasons why activated carbon specified as the detoxifying supergiant
• The oxidative process that creates activated charcoals creates very fine pores and results in its ability to absorb 100 times its weight in toxins, bacteria, chemicals, and unwanted medications.
• When the charcoal enters your system it attaches to the foreign bodies so that they are passed out of the body by elimination.
• This prevents you from replicating or absorbing certain material into your bloodstream.
• Many air and water filters use charcoal for its absorption capabilities.
• When you bought a Brita you may have seen black in the water during your first flush.
• Aquasana takes this a step further with its 3 stage filtration using activated carbon, ion exchange, and sub-micron filtration to significantly increase surface area.
• There's a reason charcoal has been used for 10,000+ years and so many companies use it for toxin absorption.
Because of the above characteristics of the activated carbon, this is a useful product for many industries. Below are the industries which use activated carbon to manufacture or complete their work.
• Industrial application
• Medical uses
• Analytical chemistry applications
• Environmental applications
• Agriculture uses
• Distilled alcoholic beverage purification
• Fuel storage
• Gas purification
• Chemical purification
• Mercury scrubbing
Times you should take advantage of activated charcoal
• Take it when you've had one too many drinks
• Consume it when you have to eat at a subpar restaurant with poor quality meat and produce
• When you sense yourself becoming tired or moody
• Put it on your toothbrush for stained teeth
• Take it when you feel bloated or have stomach pains
• It is helpful for jet lag
• Take it during pregnancy to bind toxins